Sony 18650 VTC5 Battery Genuine & Tested - 20-30A 2600mAh - Flat Top - Wholesale Discount
The following quantity discounts will be applied after adding the products to your cart.
Remember that adding other products in the Battery category to your cart will stack to a higher discount!
Genuine Sony US18650VTC5 2600mAh batteries, also known as the VTC 5. These are a great competitor to the Samsung 25R and are a legendary battery. They've been completely unavailable for the last 6 months at least, but now for a limited time they're available again. These batteries are all fresh stock. The problem is there are many counterfeits on the market but you can be sure these are genuine. We've done extensive testing to be sure they're real so you can be confident you've got the real thing.
Here's some more detail on tests we've done and what to look for in genuine sony vtc5 18650 batteries
Here is the full detailed Sony VTC5 specification
- Chemistry: Li-Mn
- Max Continuous Discharging Current: 30A (with temperature cutoff circuitry at 80 degrees)
- Max Continuous Discharging Current without temperature cut: 20A
- Typical Capacity: 2600 mAh (2500 mAh minimum)
- Style: Flat top
- Dimensions: 65.0mm (L) x 18.2mm (D)
- Weight: 44.3g
- Recommended Discharge cut-off voltage: 2.0V
- Voltage: 3.6V
- Full Charge Voltage: 4.2V
- Not Protected
- Origin: Japan/Malaysia
- Alternate names: VTC5, VCT5, VTC 5, VCT 5
The use of any Sony lithium ion rechargeable battery cell as a stand-alone product, including with e-cigarettes, vaporizer pens, and other products, constitutes a DANGEROUS misuse of the battery cells that poses a SERIOUS risk of personal injury or property damage. Sony does NOT approve using them in this application. These battery cells should only be used with necessary enclosures and protection circuitry to enable safe usage of the battery cells
Batteries are sold individually.
If your battery is damaged or defective on arrival (will not take its first charge, or has issues with its first cycle), please let us know within 14 days of receiving your order and we'll make it right. Please read our complete store policy on defective products here for more information and to see if you're eligible.
Warning: Lithium ion batteries may explode or burn due to improper use. Using these batteries for purposes not intended by the manufacturer may cause severe injury and damage. We are not responsible for any injuries caused by lithium ion batteries - use at your own risk.
All rechargeable batteries have inherent risks under any circumstance. Use caution with working with li-ion batteries (lithium-ion), LiPo (lithium ion polymer), and any rechargeable cells (together "rechargeable batteries"), as they have dangerous charging characteristics and are known to explode or burn if mishandled. A purchaser and user of rechargeable batteries should educate themselves on rechargeable batteries, especially as to charging, discharging, assembly, and storage. Learn more about proper storage and care for rechargeable batteries here. We are not responsible for any damage caused by the misuse or mishandling of rechargeable batteries.
Here are a few tips:
- Never completely discharge batteries (below 2.5V under load or 3V unloaded)
- Charge fully (to 4.2V) before first use
- Never charge batteries to 4.3V or above
- Do not charge unattended
- Do not store you li-ion batteries fully charged for an extended period of time (weeks or more)
- If you must store your battery, only store in a case or individual box in a cool and dry place at approximately 3.6-3.7V
- Use only high quality battery chargers
- Do not expose to heat
- Do not connect the positive contact to the negative contact without an appropriate load
- Never exceed the battery's specifications
- Never try to charge or discharge li-ion batteries with battery chargers that are not made for li-ion batteries
- Always charge these batteries on and within fireproof material
- Never leave rechargeable batteries in a recharging station unattended
- Do not use any rechargeable battery or charger if any visible damage is present, or if known mishandling, accidental or otherwise, has occurred
- Always store and transport rechargeable cells in a safe, non-conductive container (never keep a spare battery loose in a pocket, purse, etc. and always use protective cases)
- Properly dispose of all battery cells and chargers in accordance with local laws and mandates (if you're unsure, contact your local municipality)
- If a rechargeable battery overheats, hisses, or bulges, immediately quarantine the battery from any combustible materials - ideally, take the battery outside
- If a rechargeable battery catches fire, the FAA recommends pouring water or soda on the battery and surrounding areas - ideally, use a foam extinguisher to quell the fire
By purchasing this product, you agree that seller makes no warranties whatsoever with respect to the goods sold on this website, including any (a) warranty of merchantability or (b) warranty of fitness for a particular purpose, whether express or implied by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise. Buyer acknolwledges that it has not relied upon any representation or warranty made by seller, or any other person on the seller's behalf. If purchasing for resale, buyer assumes all responsibility and agrees to forward all notifications and warnings to the purchaser.
- Reviews (24)
- Questions (0)
Sony 18650 VTC5
It is excellent - Othr brands of 18650 batteries that I have tried were blatantly over-rated!
Shipping was ontime, the casing of the batteries have started to wear down very quickly opposed to other samsungs I've had... Normal use would indicate a fake. Not sure what the tearin process is. But I'll be looking into it.
Liion Wholesale Batteries
Hi Joe - We guarantee that all the batteries we sell are authentic. See more about that here - https://liionwholesale.com/pages/liion-wholesale-faq#authenticity. You mentioned Samsungs, but I see you bought Sonys, so I'm a little confused on that point. However, if you have any questions on the authenticity of the batteries you received, don't hesitate to contact us. We randomly test every batch we receive using methods that are far more extensive (and more deterministic) than just visual inspection.
Absolutely love these batteries! Great price too!
Sony 18650 VTC5 Battery!
Seems OK, no Sony trademark however??
Liion Wholesale Batteries
Hi George, these batteries don't have a Sony trademark since they're meant to be inside a battery pack and not visible to a consumer. Sony does not expect them to be sold individually like this. If you search you will see that all of the authentic ones do not have a Sony trademark.
Great authentic and fair price.
We Also Recommend
Protected LG MJ1 18650 Battery Genuine & Tested - 10A 3500mAh - Button Top - Wholesale Discount